- IS THE UNIT LEGAL?
- HOW DOES THE UNIT WORK?
- WHAT IS POWER FACTOR?
- IS THE UNIT TESTED AND APPROVED BY INDEPENDENT LABS?
- HOW MUCH CAN I EXPECT TO SAVE PER MONTH USING THE UNIT?
- HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR THE UNIT TO PAY FOR ITSELF?
- HOW LONG WILL THE UNIT LAST?
- THE SURGE PROTECTS FOR AMP OR VOLTAGE POWER SURGES?
- DO YOU HAVE A 3-PHASE UNIT FOR COMMERCIAL AND INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS?
- IS THE ENERGY SAVER UNIT WARRANTED?
- IS THE UNIT WEATHER PROOFED FOR EXTERIOR PLACEMENT?
- ARE THERE ANY CODE VIOLATIONS OF MOUNTING THE UNIT TO THE FUSE BOX, PANEL OR PLACEMENT IN ANY OTHER AREA OF THE HOME OR DIRECTLY TO THE INCOMING POWER LINES?
- WHAT IS THE ESTIMATED TURNAROUND TIME OF BUILDING A UNIT (AFTER BEING SIZED) AND THEN SHIPPED?
1. IS THE UNIT LEGAL?
Absolutely, has over 14 patents nationally and internationally and has been UL (Underwriters Laboratory) approved, CSA (Canadian Standard Approved) in addition to energy and safety tests conducted by the following organizations: NASA, EPA (Environmental Protection Agency), U.S. Department of Energy, & RoHA Compliant (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) UK.
Power Catch, Inc. is a licensed business. It is also a green company located in Norfolk, VA.
2. HOW DOES THE UNIT WORK?
The unit reduces the amount of power drawn from the utility by storing (in its capacitors) otherwise lost electricity (watts) caused by the inductive motors in your home. (Some examples of inductive motors are air conditioning units, refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers, pool pumps, vacuum cleaners, furnace blower motors, fans, etc.) The technology applied by the unit supplies that stored electricity back to your inductive loads, thus causing you to decrease your demand from the utility. If you decrease your demand from the utility, your meter slows down and you use less electricity. The thought is, you?ve already paid for that electricity, why pay for it and waste it when you can pay for it, store it and reuse it again? This whole process is called power factor optimization.
Aside from the approval and protection of these patents by the governments issuing them, as well as other accredited institutions backing the product with their own tests and studies, (i.e. NASA, EPA, RoHC. CSA, etc) the product maintains an environmental approval rating of reducing the EMF emissions by up to 40%. With globalization of the product use, it will reduce the carbon blueprints being emitted to eliminate the need to build more plants and affect the reduction towards the current contribution of global warming.
3. WHAT IS POWER FACTOR?
It is the percentage of electricity that?s delivered to your house and used effectively, compared to what is wasted. For example, a 1.0 power factor means that all the electricity that?s being delivered to your home is being used for its purpose. However, most homes in America today have a .77 power factor or less. This means that 77% of the electricity that is coming thru your meter at your home or business is being used effectively; the other 23% is being wasted by your inductive load. With a low power factor, the utility has to deliver more electricity to do the same work. However, the unit increases that power factor in most cases to .97 or .98 thus increasing the effective use of your electricity and lowering your usage.
4. IS THE UNIT TESTED AND APPROVED BY INDEPENDENT LABS?
Yes, the unit is UL listed and tested in the U.S. & Canada, and has also been tested by many other highly credentialed organizations such as NASA, EPA, RoHS. Also, the technology is recognized by U.S. Department of Energy after their endorsement of the product.
5. HOW MUCH CAN I EXPECT TO SAVE PER MONTH USING THE UNIT?
That depends on many factors. The size of your home, the amount of inductive motor loads, and the amount you are paying per kilowatt-hour of electricity, etc. However, generally speaking, users of the product have seen up to 25% in reduced consumption, but the average savings is somewhere in the 6% to 15% range.
6. HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR THE UNIT TO PAY FOR ITSELF?
Generally about 12-36 months, but again, the same factors above apply, some will see sooner (approximately 18 months), some will see later (approximately 36 months). The good news is that it is guaranteed by us for 12 years and its life expectancy is 25 years plus.
7. HOW LONG WILL THE UNIT LAST?
It has a predicted lifespan of up to 25 + years.
8. THE SURGE PROTECTS FOR AMP OR VOLTAGE POWER SURGES?
The unit stabilizes your amperage and power surges at the panel, it prevents power and amperage surges on the entire home.
9. DO YOU HAVE A 3-PHASE UNIT FOR COMMERCIAL AND INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS?
10. IS THE ENERGY SAVER UNIT WARRANTED?
Yes, 5 year manufacturer’s warranty for commercial units, full replacement even if struck by lightning.
11. IS THE UNIT WEATHER PROOFED FOR EXTERIOR PLACEMENT?
Yes it is air tight and water proofed. The unit is contained in a hermetically sealed steel case.
12. ARE THERE ANY CODE VIOLATIONS OF MOUNTING THE UNIT TO THE FUSE BOX, PANEL OR PLACEMENT IN ANY OTHER AREA OF THE HOME OR DIRECTLY TO THE INCOMING POWER LINES?
First of all, the power company?s authority STOPS at the meter. Installation of your power unit should be installed by a licensed electrician to warrant the product and to ensure proper installation and liabilities. The unit is licensed and holds over 14 U.S. Governmental Patents and International Patents. It carries a UL approval as well as other accredited organization standards of approval both domestically and internationally. Check with your local authorities, some cities may require a permit for the installation of the product.
13. WHAT IS THE ESTIMATED TURNAROUND TIME OF BUILDING A UNIT (AFTER BEING SIZED) AND THEN SHIPPED?
Approximately 3 weeks, depending on supply and demand.